Saturday, February 18, 2012

Happy Wine Day, Winos!

My friend Kat recently made a blog post informing her readers that today is National Wine Day! I didn't know such a day existed and I'm disappointed it has taken me 9 years to learn this (I could drink at 21, I'm 30 now...simple math). What a special occasion!

And just so we're clear...
(That's Illinois coach - Bruce Weber, for my
non-basketball-following friends)
To celebrate - I shall share some of my favorite wines.

Oliver Winery - in Bloomington, IN
While Tyson was getting his MBA - we frequented Oliver Winery a few times. Right before we moved to Michigan we did a wine tasting with some of our friends. Tyson (<---not a wino) enjoyed the Soft Rosé. (seriously, he did) I believe it was a step up from his usual Bud Light. I, Kady, (<---wino) enjoyed the Moscato.

Cupcake Winery - California
Okay, so if you mix together two of my favorite things - Cupcakes & Wine, you get this delectable bottle'o'heaven. It's called Red Velvet and it's delicious.  I was introduced to it by my friend, Sarah. And after Josie was born - I went out and bought myself a bottle (or two). Big fan!

Chateau Grand Traverse - Traverse City, MI
If you like Riesling - they make a good one! I'm sure their other wines are great, too...but I tend to stick with their Riesling.

Forty Five North - Lake Leelanau, MI
Finally - a family favorite - 45 North. The winery is located in northern Michigan, but the owner is a family friend (and fellow DePauw Grad) here in Warsaw. They also make a spectacular Riesling and a great Cabernet, too. But, honestly, I will drink any wine made by 45 North. Get'cha some!

Since I was pregnant for 85% of my time in Michigan, I didn't have a chance to visit any of the great wineries the Mitten has to offer. I guess this means I need to plan a ROAD TRIP! Who's coming?

What are your favorite wines? I always enjoy trying something new.

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness I haven't had that Cupcake wine since we had it Ft. Wayne! I need to fix that asap!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!