Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sugar-less Jack

(Once again, future daughter-in-law, file this away...)

I must be getting wiser in my old age...because I recently noticed that Jack's behavior is drastically influenced by his sugar consumption. (thank you, Captain Obvious) But really...you'd think as a teacher and consumer of sugar (see any of my posts regarding my love affair with Oreos) - that this wouldn't have been so hard for me to realize. But it was. We have significantly cut back on Jack's sugar in-take and it has made a world of difference in him! As a true Becker & Clevenger combo - Jack loves sweets...so we have found sugar-free snacks that seem to fulfill his sweet tooth.
 Sugar-free pudding is always good. Especially when eaten shirtless...which is the only way he can eat it.
See - he approves. I'm realistic. I know there will be times when he will eat sugary foods...and why not? He's a kid (& he's also a human...and he's also my child...) I'm not ever going to say NO SUGAR, NONE, ZERO. But I know I can monitor his sugar consumption and I will now realize that when he does eat too much sugar - I can expect to find him swinging from the ceiling fan!

1 comment:

  1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2am6PVUoOM
    Boy :
    Use the plums in my tree

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!