Thursday, April 19, 2012

That's Pin-teresting...

Today's Pinterest find was inspired from my sister-in-law, Gina. She made her hound, Hank, some very delicious (or so I heard) dog treats. She sent a couple to my pups and they RAVED about them (in the form of tail wagging & licking their lips).  I realized that I have been neglecting my duties as a "dog mom" - mainly because it's tough enough to be a "human mom." Regardless, I looked up the SUPER easy recipe on Pinterest and made some for my boys today.

You will need:
1 egg
1 can of tuna (preferably in oil...but mine was in water, so I added a little oil)
3/4 cup flour (or enough flour to make it the consistency of dough)

Microwave for 3-6 minutes. It will look like this:

And then you cut that into smaller pieces and your dog(s) will look like this:
I also pinned THIS recipe because Cooper & Tucker have a friend coming this weekend. Their buddy Floyd, the basset, is coming for a visit and I know how much he LOVES peanut butter. So I will be making a batch of these, too!

For the record, we still love our dogs...despite a lack of over-spoiling. They get plenty of attention and love. And they LOVE their new backyard because they can run like crazy and pretend to chase ducks! So I feel a little less guilty that they went from being our "fur-babies" to just being our dogs...because let's be honest, they have it prettttty good!

**I also like these treats because IF my toddler happened to get them, and IF he happened to eat them... he wouldn't be eating actual dog food. That makes me feel better.

2 comments:

  1. I love Cooper and Tucker. They always have a place in my heart (next to Beanie and Biscuit). AND, they both have super soft ears, which is priority #1. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Floyd just called to tell me he is SUPER excited about these! I just hope he doesnt get too attached to the tuna treats because his tuna-hating mother will never make those for him. Thank goodness for Coop and Tuck's mom!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!