Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Playing in the Park

Jack and I ventured to the park for an hour or so this morning. When I say "ventured" - I mean we drove there. Yes, it is in our neighborhood. But I'm out of breath going up & down our stairs right now... 

Temperatures dropped overnight, so we were bundled up! Michigan winter is quickly approaching!
Jack enjoyed playing with the trucks in the sandbox. We saw a train AND a helicopter - that is HUGE in a toddler's world! The tennis courts were open, so we ran around those for 15-20 minutes.  Jack ran. I hobbled at a faster than normal pace.
 Then Jack ran through the leaves. I watched.  The swing was also a big hit today!
Just takin' a ride on a dinosaur...

I know our outdoor time is limited. I also know that my one-on-one time with him is limited. I guess a part of me feels guilty about that (if I'm being completely honest).  At the same time, I know I am giving him a sibling to enjoy the rest of his life with... (fights and all)

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel about feeling a little guilty. I felt the same way when Jace was coming. I still remember being 8 mos prego & watching Maddox play & I started crying realizing that he wasn't going to have all my attention anymore. It was bittersweet. After Jace was born, I was still able to find some one-on-one time. Now, Maddox has a wonderful little brother & best friend to play with all of the time. :) ~Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Julia!!! I hope Jack and his sister will be able to play together. Maybe she'll calm him down a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!