Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dr. Roumayah

Poor Jack has a blocked tear duct - which has made his eye teary and crusty. I also heard him wheezing a bit last night, which of course, made me nervous. The Pediatrician's office opened at 8:30am and I was making an appointment by 8:31am. (Yes, I am THAT mom) Nancy came with me. She was hoping Virginia Slim would be there, but she wasn't.

We saw our favorite doctor - Dr. Roumayah. She is from Iraq and, as I've said before, she has a no-nonsense attitude that we love. Nancy saw this first hand today. Dr. R massaged Jack's tear duct area and told me to do the same at home. "Did you see how I did that?" she asked me. "Yes," I told her. "Let me show you," she said and she poked her finger into my eye area, "massaging" it. That was one painful "massage!" The fact that she has fingernails didn't help. Damn, woman.

The good news is - a blocked duct is very common and should get better in a couple weeks. Jack's lungs and heart sounded great and his oxygen level was 100%. He's a healthy boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!