Tuesday, January 5, 2010

NST

I had my final NST this afternoon and Baby Becker passed with flying colors. When it was over I asked the nurse if they would be monitoring my contractions once I arrive Thursday night. She said yes...and that she had been monitoring them today too.
EXCUSE ME?!?
She looked at my chart and was like, "Yeah, you've had contractions since you've been here." I was shocked. "But I don't feel them," I said. She looked confused. "You don't feel your stomach getting really hard and tight?" Ohhhhhhhh. So apparently, for the past week or so, I thought the baby was just pushing out really hard. I was wrong. (Damn that birthing DVD)

Anyway - I will now start paying closer attention to the tightening of my belly and stop blaming my son for something he isn't doing.

I should also note that I met with our Pediatrician today and that eased some nerves. She was definitely in favor of inducing, to get him out early. She said that since everything has been perfect, thus far - he should be just fine.

Baby Becker - you have a green light...we're ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!