Monday, January 18, 2010

Pillow Talk

Okay, not what you may be thinking... Tyson and I always sleep with a lot of extra pillows. I needed them when I was pregnant, in order to get comfortable. Now I use them to prop myself up when I am feeding Jack. Well, lately these pillows have caused some unnecessary concern for us as we sleep.

On Friday night I had my alarm set for 3:30am (to feed). Tyson woke me up at 3:15 and said, "I'm SO tired. Can you just take him?" I was confused. I'm a really light sleeper, so I didn't know how I could have slept through him crying. I sat up in bed, Jack was sound asleep. As I was getting myself situated Tyson rolled over and tried to hand me a pillow. Apparently he dreamed he was holding Jack and needed a break. I made fun of him the next day...

Then I did the same thing last night! I had a pillow tucked under my arm and must have thought it was Jack. Tyson rolled over onto the pillow I was holding and I panicked. "Hunny, get off him!" I yelled. Tyson was confused and for good reason. I turned over to see Jack sound asleep in his bassinet. I felt a sense of relief as I fell back asleep.

Sleep deprivation is leading to hallucinations. :)

2 comments:

  1. hilarious. I used to refer to Chase as "she" in the middle of the night. ie. "she's still asleep" and "She's so cute.." Not sure if I was used to calling Lilly (the dog) a she or what. ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to nurse a pillow. Beat that!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!