Monday, January 4, 2010

Officially on "Maternity Leave"

Today was my LAST day of school with my first graders. I was planning on teaching until the 14th - but of course, things have changed. My principal was really worried about me teaching all day. She got a sub for me, so I could wrap up some last-minute items. By noon, I was really "feeling it." The baby was feeling really low in my pelvis and I was in full "waddle" mode. All of the teachers were so sweet - offering words of encouragement and words of wisdom. My students took the news well. Their biggest concern was: "When will you bring the baby back for us to see him?" One kid suggested that if he's born on Friday - the following Monday might work well. Hmmmmmm...we'll see about that, buddy.

I stayed late to meet with the teacher - who is coming back early from her medical leave. We were able to get a lot done and I think the transition will be just fine. By the time I got home - at 6:45 - I was completely exhausted and not feeling well at all. Poor Tyson had to listen to my moans, groans, and whines. I'm looking forward to a couple days of relaxation. They call it "labor" for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!