Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Things that Amaze Me

Over the past week and a half I have been amazed by so many things. I thought I would share some of them...

1. My body. First of all, I was amazed at how my body performed during childbirth. It is unbelievable that a woman's body is created so perfectly that it can carry out such feat. On top of that - I expected the recovery to be difficult. I was wrong. After just a few days, I felt like my old self. My pre-pregnancy self. No hip pain, heartburn, or lower backaches. I'm HEALED! And while I still have weight to lose - my body looks like MY body again. It's amazing. A true miracle.

2. My husband. I love him in a completely new way. Not that I didn't love him before, because I did (of course)...but seeing him as my coach through labor, seeing his tears when our son was born, and now seeing him as a daddy - my love for him has grown deeper and stronger. Today was his first day back at work and while I missed having him around the house - I know he missed being here even more.

3. My son. I have never known love like the love I have for Jack. There really are no words to describe a mother's love for her child. I had heard this so many times when I was pregnant, but it didn't hit me until I held my baby boy in my arms. I would do absolutely anything for him. It is an unbelievable feeling - so deep and true - it almost hurts. I feel so blessed to be his Mommy.

I'm sure there will be many more New Mom Moments that amaze me... I can already see him changing and I fear he will grow up too fast. But - I vow to enjoy every moment I have with him.

3 comments:

  1. Child birth and all that goes with it ARE truly amazing things! If a person never had faith in God before a child is born, it's unbelievable how they couldn't now. I so understand your overwhelming feelings towards Jack. You don't understand what people are trying to tell you until you do hold that child in your arms for the first time. Enjoy every moment because it does go by all too fast. I can't wait to see you all and hold that precious little Jack.
    Love, Aunt Becky
    PS He is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. what an amazing post Kady. I think I may have even emailed you today, but I am thinking of you and Ty all the time. So happy for you two! Sending lots and lots of love your way:)
    -caitlin

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said in the card for Jack that is agape love and it is truly amazing! That feeling of love for your child never goes away no matter how old your children grow. Thank you for sharing this Kady! love, Grandma Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!