Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An Extra Night at Home!?!?

We had our FINAL OB appointment today. They did an ultrasound to make sure the baby was moving around and meeting all of the necessary guidelines for a "healthy" baby. The tech warned that it could take up to a half hour to see and measure everything she needed for the report. Literally, 5 minutes later we were walking out. This kid isn't messing around when it comes to tests. Let's hope he maintains the same attitude when faced with the SAT in 18 years.

We met with my doctor after the ultrasound. We had quite a few questions about the induction process and things we should be aware of before we arrive. She said, "Well, you know, if you're at 3cm when I check you - you can just come in Friday morning." I guess they were planning on having to "ripen" my cervix before giving me pitocin. Lucky me - I am 3cm and still 70% effaced. My contractions have been getting stronger and I am definitely more aware of them. I can still talk and walk while having them, so unless they intensify - I won't be concerned. I would LOVE to walk in on Friday morning and be 4cm!!

Soooo...it sounds like I will get one more good night's sleep in my own bed tomorrow night and then head to the hospital early Friday morning for the induction.

The grandparents are SO excited (beyond excited, really). They are all taking a half day tomorrow to beat the snow storm. It will be nice to have them here. We will have a nice dinner out tomorrow night - my LAST meal. :) Knowing that they won't have to fight snow covered roads (for more than a few miles), will be nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some LOVE!