Monday, January 18, 2010

Ped Update

It was a mad rush to get out the door and to our pediatrician appointment on time today. Somehow all three of us fell back asleep after Jack's 7:30am feeding. Our appointment was at 9:45 and Tyson woke me up at 9:20. Needless to say, I didn't look good walking out the door.

It must have been pretty bad, because the doctor suggested we have one night a week when Tyson gives Jack a bottle so I can get 8hrs of sleep. Actually - that sounds like a great idea! We will recruit the Grandmas for this task in the next two weeks.

GREAT NEWS: Jack now weighs 6lbs 6oz!!! He has gained almost 2oz a day. WooHoo! Babies should gain about .5-1 ounce a day - so once again, Jack is being an over-achiever. I have also given myself a pat on the back. Breastfeeding is a demanding job, but when my baby gains weight - it's worth it!

His color is also back to "normal." So the doctor felt his jaundice was going down. She didn't have Virginia do a blood test - and I was happy about that!

We will go back for his 1 month check-up on February 11th!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Kady! You and Ty have done everything right and ended up with an even more cuddly baby than expected. I can't wait to cuddle him! Grandma Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Leave some LOVE!